– Our next Hey Steve update comes from a devoted husband and a devoted father who realized that he was in over his head after deciding to be a stay at home dad. Watch this – Within the last 10 months I’ve been the one staying at home with the children.
We have three younger ones that are home. 13 months, six years and three year old however my occupation that I’m in I enjoy doing that, I enjoy the job that I was doing prior to that and was looking forward to me getting back into the workplace with new year being here.
Three little ones running around at times I’m just ready to just – You aint got to say all that cause you are on TV. You’re afraid you’ll lose your mind. (audience laughing) – Yeah you’re right – [Steve] Just go on and say it man.
– Yeah, I’m going crazy at home man. – Yeah dog you’re about to lose your mind. These woman that have stayed at home are exceptional human beings. (crowd cheering) You’re not an exceptional human being.
Yo man go and get a job man. You’ll be alright, don’t worry about it. So when you left the show what happened? – After you had given me my advice to take my butt back to work. I started putting out some applications send my resume out and about a month and a half after the show aired.
I was back into the workforce and now both my wife and I are both working. – I’ve only been a stay at home dad for two weeks. (crowd laughs) Yes it’s just, nah I can’t do it. – It ain’t for everyone man.
– No it’s not man, I mean I take my hat off to anybody who does it. I’m not passing judgment I mean you got to make a decision for your family what’s best for your family. Sometimes it’s best that somebody stay home.
If you got that many kids cause the cost of day care – [Michael] Absolutely – Eliminates some jobs anyway you know what I mean, by the time you pay daycare one of yall might not be working allmost that’s kinda crazy the price of it is so high, so I’m definitely not knocking that.
I just, I have to work – [Michael] Yeah. – You know, I have to work. Now that you’re back to work, what’s some of your biggest challenges? – Some of the, some of the setbacks you know was just trying to find that balance of time with my wife just alone time with us and both of us working you know you got the family just everyday life being you know being at home and a I mean I’m back at the show man I have another question for you if you don’t mind – What you got? – You know you are a hard working man you are a family man and I see that you are able to be successful and do your own work thing but also have that balance with your family and I was just wondering if you have any tips as far as a man that’s working and has a family and trying to balance – Well listen the early years it’s tough.
Because you are a young guy you’re trying to put it together. And so you gotta be in constant communication with your girl, because the two of you have to understand that you all in building mode right now.
You know that same family and friends if you can just come over, get them to come over once, twice a month so that yall can have a date night. So you can take her out, sit across from her tell her how beautiful she is cause when you got them little kids man they require a lot of time.
– [Michael] They don’t care man. – [Steve] You know and they – No, no. – They don’t, they want their video games, shut up get into bed, you know. (laughing) – Hey I’m happy for you Mike old man. I know it’s hard finding the time to spend with one another man.
– Yeah, yeah. – But listen to me, since I know it’s hard this is what I wanna do for you buddy. I’m gonna treat you and your wife to something nice man. – Alright, alright. – Yo you don’t know this though, I’m sending you both on a four night five day vacation to the Embassy Suite by Hilton Waikiki in Hawaii (crowd cheers) – Yeah, get you some of that needed space so you can connect.
You gonna enjoy a spacious suite daily made to order breakfasts complimentary pool side reception. – Oh man. – [Steve] And I’m gonna through in a 12 hundred dollar shopping spree to get whatever you want player.
Yeah how that sound man. – Oh man, I appreciate it man. – Congratulations man that’s a good deal, we’ll be right back yall.